Hi all…here is a test post from me!
Can’t wait to watch some Disney movies in class!
Here is an introductory/tester post. My name is Katie, and I’m a senior, communication major. I’m looking forward (nervously) to the final year of college and a great semester 🙂
Welcome to the course site for ENGL 302: Technical Writing and New Media. I am your professor, Nathaniel Rivers, and I am looking forward to an engaging and productive semester. Students are asked to review the syllabus (pdf), the calendar (pdf), and the course communication guidelines (pdf). Other documents are available by selecting “Documents” from the top menu bar.
ENGL 302 is grounded in the critical methodology of rhetoric, which students will hopefully come to value as a productive method for negotiating, constructing, maintaining, and reshaping their personal, professional, and technological lives.
Tuesday, August 30
- Roster Check
- Ice Breaker
- Course Introduction
- Syllabus Review
For Next Time
- Review: Syllabus, Calendar, “A No Nonsense Attendance Policy” and “Course Communication Guidelines”
- Read: “Antidosis,” “What is Rhetoric?” and selection from Compose Design Advocate (in GoogleDocs folder, “ENGL 302”)
- Complete: Technology Assessment (Email completed assessment to instructor @ firstname.lastname@example.org. Save as lastname_technology_assessment_worksheet.)
- Register: Course Site (invitation to be sent)
- Register: GoogleDocs (invitation to be sent for shared folder containing course readings)
- Post: Introductory Blog (use tag “introduction”)